English: Korean Soy-Bean Sprout Bowl
Tagline: “Fail-proof Korean recipe”
Serving Size: 2 happy people
콩나물밥 or (Korean SoySprout Bowl) is one of our favorite go-to meals when you are just not in the mood to cook. It is one of those “fail-proof” recipes that you can whip-up with minimal effort. If you have a friend or family member who is visiting the mart, ask them to purchase just one bag of bean sprouts. The marinade sauce is based on soy-sauce and does not use any fish sauce. Enjoy and if you do not end-up using all of the marinade, store it in the fridge for another bowl!
- Bean sprouts (3 cups)
- Sticky rice (2 cups)
- Soy sauce (5 tablespoon)
- Sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Korean red chili flakes (1 tablespoon)
- Sesame oil (1/2 tablespoon)
- Spring onion (Garnish)
- Prepare the bean sprouts by taking off the stems
- Put bean sprouts in a pot with water and bring the pot up to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, turn off the heat immediately.
- Pour out boiled beansprouts into a strainer and save the water
- Use the water from the beansprouts to cook your rice (key step!)
- Rinse blanched bean sprouts in cold water and place aside for marinade
- For the marinade: Mix soy sauce, sugar, Korean red chili powder, sesame oil, diced spring onions. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly into marinade.
- Assemble the bowl: Put rice on the bottom, then add blanched bean sprouts, and then add one tablespoon of marinade. Then mix it up and its ready to eat!
- (Optional): Fry up an egg (sunny-side up) and place on top of the bowl.